The amount transferred to the claimants this year6 101 446
  • How can I choos enforcement agent?

    As a claimant, you have the right to choose a enforcement agent. When choosing a enforcement agent, it must be based on the work district of the enforcement agent, where the debtor lives or is located, or where his property is located.

    There are four work districts:

    • Harju district, which includes Harju county;
    • Viru district, which includes Lääne-Viru and Ida-Viru countys;
    • Tartu district, which includes Tartu, Viljandi, Jõgeva, Põlva, Valga and Võru countys;
    • Pärnu district, which includes Pärnu, Saare, Hiiu, Lääne, Järva and Rapla countys.

    Select a enforcement agentHERE.

    In the event that there is no property in the debtor's place of residence, the enforcement agent may continue the started enforcement procedure outside his work district.

  • On the basis of which documents the enforcement agent starts enforcement proceedings?

    You can contact the enforcement agent if you have an enforcement title.

    Enforcement titles are for example:

    • a judgment or court order rendered in a civil case, which has entered into effect or is enforceable without delay;
    • a notarially authenticated agreement concerning a monetary claim by which, on the claim’s falling due the debtor has consented to submit to immediate compulsory enforcement;
    • a decision on the imposition of an overdue parking fee made in the course of enforcement of parking regulations;
    • a disposition of a foreign court that has been declared enforceable in Estonia or that is enforceable without having been recognised;

    Complate list of enforcement titles

  • What do I need to do to start enforcement proceedings?

    If you have a valid enforcement title and the debtor has not started fulfilling his obligations, you can submit an application to the enforcement agent to start the enforcement proceedings. You must also add to the application a enforcement title..

    If a representative submits an enforcement application on behalf of the claimant, a document certifying the right of representation must be attached to the application.

    The enforcement application and enforcement title can be brought to the enforcement agent's office, sent by post or submitted electronically HEREThe application submitted electronically must be signed digitally.

  • Is there a fee for starting a enforcement proceedings?

    In enforcement proceedings, the debtor pays the initiation fee and the basic fee.

    In certain situations, the enforcement agent has the right to demand an advance payment from the claimant. in the cases and to the extent provided by law. It is important to know that in such cases if the enforcement agent's fee has been collected from the debtor in full, the enforcement agent will return the advance payment to the claimant.

    An advance payment may not be charged from a person who presents a maintenance claim for enforcement, or of a natural person who presents for enforcement a judicial disposition that awards them compensation for loss of capacity for work due to harm caused to their health, or who presents for enforcement a judgment which has been rendered in criminal proceedings and which grants their claim for compensation of harm that has been caused to them by a criminal offence.

  • What should I do if I entered into an agreement with the debtor and wish to terminate the enforcement procedure?

    It is completely understandable if this situation arises, but it is recommended to consider the decision to terminate the procedure. In enforcement proceedings, the debtor pays the enforcement costs, but if the proceedings are terminated at the request of the claimant, the costs must be paid by the claimant.

    KIf the party seeking enforcement applies for termination of enforcement proceedings before their claim has been collected in full by the enforcement agent, and the agent has performed enforcement operations in order to collect the claim, the party seeking enforcement pays the fee for commencement of proceedings and one half of the principal fee for proceedings, calculated by reference to the amount that remains uncollected.

    If you have decided to terminate the enforcement proceedings, you must submit a signed application to the enforcement agent. After reviewing the application, the enforcement agent will send you the corresponding decision and terminate the enforcement procedure.

    To complete the application terminating enforcement prceeding, you can find itHERE.

  • What is expiry of the limitation period for enforcing the claim?

    In the case of the expiration of claims, the expiration dates are different for different enforcement titles. There may be also some expiration circumstances that interrupt or stop the expiration.

    If the enforcement title is a court judgment or decree in a civil matter, the limitation period for claims is 10 years. The statute of limitations is not applied automatically, for this the debtor must submit a application to the enforcement agent. The enforcement agent then forwards the application to the claimant for an opinion.

    More information is in Chamber of Bailiffs and Trustees in Bankrupcy website:

  • Can I send the debtor a contract cancellation notice with the help of a enforcement agent?

    In addition to conducting enforcement proceedings, the enforcement agent also performs professional services, which include the delivery of documents. You have the opportunity to use the service when you need a solid proof that the documents have reached the addressee. The enforcement agent reliably records the delivery of documents and issues a corresponding act.

    Get to know all the professional services of the enforcement agents HERE.